Released in 1910, The Morgan Three-Wheeler, designed by Henry Fredrick Stanley Morgan, inspired a new type of vehicle known as a “Cyclecar.” By joining a powerful motorcycle engine to a lightweight frame, Morgan produced an affordable vehicle that introduced motoring to those of modest means.

The following year a two-seat “Runabout” was developed. Equipped with wheel steering and even a hood, the new model was a commercial success.

In 1911, a four-seater “Family” Runabout was released.

In the years leading up to the outbreak of war in 1914, Morgans secured 10 British and World Records for various classes of cyclecars, won 24 Gold Medals in major reliability trials and achieved numerous victories on the race track.

The famous flying ace Capt. Albert Ball of the Royal Flying Corps, ordered a special-bodied Grand Prix, of which he said, “To drive this car was the nearest thing to flying without leaving the ground.” In 1920, a special Morgan, inspired by Capt. Albert Ball, was introduced in 1920. The car was called the Aero in recognition of the famous aviator.

Encouraged by the Aero’s racing successes, the Super Aero—a model with lowered streamlined bodywork—was released in 1927.

Robust and reliable, Morgans were also exported worldwide as with this example seen alongside the Egyptian pyramids.

1933 saw Morgans earn a large number of world records as well as the introduction of a new model, the F-type. Featuring a conventional bonnet and a radiator, the F-type became one of the most popular three-wheelers ever produced.

In 1936 Morgan introduced the 4-4. The four-wheeled vehicle came in a variety of models—including a high performace, two-seater called the F Super—and came to eclipse the earlier, three-wheelers.

The Morgan Plus Four was released in 1950, and immediately performed well on the track thanks to its high power-to-weight-ratio. Plus Fours won the team award in the 1951 and 52 R.A.C. Rallies with H.S.F.’s son, Peter Morgan, driving for both teams. The model, although heavily modified, remains in production.

Introduced in 1963, the Morgan Plus 4 Plus proved commercially unsuccesful, but its chassis was later used as the basis for the Morgan SLR, the aerodynamic body of which gave a top speed far in excess of the 130 m.p.h. achieved by the Plus Four.

In 1968 Morgan introduced the Plus 8, one of the most successful cars that the company has ever built. Production of the model continued for 36 years until it was discontinued in 2004.

In order to remain competitive on the racetrack, Charles Morgan began work in the mid 1990s on a new model that would eventually be released in 2000 as the Aero 8. The Aero 8 was a remarkably advanced car using a strong, lightweight bonded aluminium chassis and all aluminium body panels, still assembled around a wooden frame, creating a revolutionary new Morgan sports car.

In 2005 a new, fixed-head version of the Aero 8 was released. Originally intended to be a one-off vehicle, the AeroMax generated enough interest to put the car into production, although in a special, limited edition of 100, all of which were sold within a few months.

Reinforcing Morgan’s commitment to environmentally clean, efficient sports cars, in 2008 the LIFE car was developed. The vehicle—designed to achieve 150 m.p.g—is powered by a hydrogen fuel cell and utilizes regenerative braking technology to capture the kinetic energy lost furing braking.

Announced in 2010, the Eva GT will combine Morgan’s tradition of high performace with a practical vehicle that meets a family’s daily transportation needs. The car is expected to go into production in 2014.

In addition to beginning development on the LIFEcar2, a production version of the earlier prototype, Morgan announced in 2010 a new three-wheeler. The company is committed to continuing to address environmental and conservation issues by building small vehicles based on a philosophy of simplicity.